Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I want Chips for Breakfast....

These are the words that greeted me when I got up this morning. After Mason was up and dressed he wanted a "snack" this is what he calls breakfast. I mean he knows it's breakfast but I guess to him it sounds edgier like the food will be better if he calls it a snack. So I was getting him cereal which he has most mornings and yes it's dry because I just can't deal with cereal and milk yet. And he was like hey mommy I want chips. I was like no we don't eat chips for breakfast. Guess he thought I did not hear him the first time as he is jumping around like a monkey they have so much energy as I am trying to drag my butt around getting coffee ready and his snack. He was like mommy Chips!.. I said Mason didn't you hear me no chips for breakfast.. Then he patted me on the back and said oh yeah you are right Mommy no chips for breakfast. This cracks me up because he is only 3 and can be so diplomatic already. He told me my shirt this morning was pretty. I am still in my pajamas. Sweet boy. But anyway then that got me to thinking.... how quickly he has changed... and grown. I can't believe he is three already. How do they go from such a tiny baby to such a big boy so quickly... My mom always told me that time would fly by but it certainly does. In two years he will be in kindergarten and I don't even want to think about that. =-( Seems we want our kids to rush and hurry and walk then hurry and talk then the next thing and the next thing... it just all goes by to quickly. I wish I could just freeze this age. Because sometimes with all the daily stresses of dealing with the house and both kids you tend to miss the little things.....











<

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, it's not really "breakfast" unless you add the milk, so I'm with Mason... it's a snack ; )